Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Honeycomb


I made chocolate fondants the other night (recipe and photos to come). I usually serve these gooey pots of love with berry coulis and whipped cream. However, I felt like mixing things up a bit so I decided to try my hand at making honeycomb. Chocolate fondant with crumbled honeycomb and whipped cream.. mmmm delicious, right!?

Honeycomb
(Recipe from Masterchef)

182 gr caster sugar
70 gr glucose syrup
55 ml water
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda

Place the sugar in a saucepan with the glucose and the water, mix to make a slurry. Place the pan over high heat, swirling the mixture in the pan, until the sugar dissolves. Once the sugar has dissolved, wait for the bubbles to slow down and for the mixture to take on a faint golden tinge. Line a large bowl with baking paper and have a whisk ready. Add the bicarb and quickly whisk vigorously, then immediately pour into the lined bowl. Set aside to set for 45 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment